Job: Data Engineer
GeoDirectory was established in 1999 by An Post and Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSi) and provides a geocoded postal building database that has become the standard of addressing in Ireland. Customers from all sectors avail of wide range of data services which help grow their customer knowledge, and to execute and develop their own services.
GeoDirectory has been expanding in recent years both in terms of its product and services and the market it operates in. It has a broad set of blue chip customers across a number of sectors including utilities, emergency services, taxi companies, insurance, banks, government agencies and many more.
The team in GeoDirectory is relatively young, highly skilled and the culture is focused on growth both for the individual and the company.
To continue building out our data engineering team, we are now looking for a committed and motivated person to join us. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of database architecture, design, and approaches to integration (with focused knowledge of SQL).
At present, this role is based in the GPO in O’Connell Lower in Dublin 1 with some time working from home.
- Collecting, interpreting, and analysing data
- Evaluating business needs and objectives
- Creating a more efficient data collection and analysis process
- Building reusable scripts
- Preparing data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
- Combining raw information from different sources
- Exploring ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Developing and maintaining datasets
The success candidate should demonstrate:
- Strong people skills with the ability to partner with analysts, product managers and DBA’s across the organisation
- 2+ years’ experience in a data engineering role, creating complex SQ or PL/SQL scripts
- A team focus with a good self-management approach
- Some knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- A Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field
- Analysis and effective decision making
- Awareness of both internal and external environments
- Attention to detail
- Build and maintain effective relationships
The salary will be in line with market trends and will be agreed with the successful candidate.
Closing Date & Application
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and reference ‘GIS Technical Manager GeoDirectory’ in the subject line. The closing date for application is 5pm on Friday 4th February 2022.