Use of the GeoDirectory website is subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read them before using the site.
Access to this site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Since they are for the protection of both you and An Post GeoDirectory DAC, having its registered office at the GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2 (herein referred to as “GeoDirectory”), please take the time to read them carefully.
By using this website, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Please note that this website is owned and operated by GeoDirectory and that references to “we”, “us" and “our” mean GeoDirectory.
1. Copyright in this site and the information set out on it belongs to us or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must be left intact.
Save as otherwise specified, the contents of all the pages contained in this site are copyright of GeoDirectory or its licensors.
(a) Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence solely for the purpose of using this site and any services available on this site. You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this site for the exclusive purpose of on-line viewing. You may make one hard copy of these pages for exclusively, non-commercial purposes.
(b) Save whether otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic work set out in the pages contained in this site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of these works.
(c) This licence does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular, (but without limitation) no part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
(d) No part of this site may be reproduced on, or transmitted to, or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval.
2. Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to websites of agents of GeoDirectory. You are reminded that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites. GeoDirectory is not responsible for the content of third party sites. GeoDirectory does not endorse the companies, goods or services of any third party unless explicitly stated.
3. Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by GeoDirectory. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions, and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such links to websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
4. You warrant that you will use this site in accordance with all the terms and conditions applying to such use and you agree to indemnify GeoDirectory for any liability accruing to GeoDirectory from your use of this site.
5. This site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the site or any information on it, you agree that the Irish Courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
6. The use of this site or the distribution of information on the site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions and this website is not intended for use nor the information intended
for distribution in such jurisdictions and the persons accessing this website should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions.
7. No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site without obtaining our prior written consent.
8. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge confidential or personal information over the Internet unless you are using secure or encrypted communications technology.
9. The contents of this site including these terms and conditions are subject to change by us without notification to you. We accept no responsibility or liability for keeping the information in this site up to date or for any failure to do so.
The information contained in this site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation, we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case, and it should not be relied upon as such. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this site. Access to and use of this site is at the user’s own risk, and we do not represent or warrant the use of this site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including, but not limited to, loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this site or any of its contents. We do not accept liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on this site. All implied warranties are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law. We reserve the right to update or alter the information on this site including these terms and conditions at any time without giving notice of the alterations. GeoDirectory do not give any warranty of uninterrupted use of this site and GeoDirectory do not accept liability for any information posted on this site by third parties.
11. You will ensure that your use of this website complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, liable or defamation of character, invasion of privacy or tortious interference.
12. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
13. The Address Search function on the website is limited to five (5) searches per person per week and is limited to non-commercial purposes.
14. GeoPeople is a service run by GeoDirectory that is linked to census data and identifies the key characteristics of populations in certain areas (the “GeoPeople Tool”). The data generated by the GeoPeople Tool does not produce any data from which a living person is identified or could be identified. It is acknowledged that for the purposes of the data protection legislation, meaning the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and Directive 45/46/EC, any other law or regulation relating to the processing of personal data and to privacy (including the E-Privacy Directive and the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (the “E-Privacy Regulations”), as such legislation shall be amended, revised or replaced from time to time, including by operation of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) (and laws implementing or supplementing the GDPR, and laws amending or supplementing the E-Privacy Regulations) (the “Data Protection Legislation”), that the data generated by the GeoPeople Tool contains no personal data. GeoDirectory is not responsible for any uses made of the data generated by the GeoPeople Tool by the service user. If the service user
combines the data generated by the GeoPeople Tool with other data which results in such combination data containing personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Legislation, the service user shall be solely responsible in respect of any obligations that arise as a result under the Data Protection Legislation.
Last updated 11th November 2021